Every month I look forward to all my food magazines that come in the mail, but there is one in my mind that always makes my heart skip a beat and that is Martha Stewart's Everyday Food. I have found that these recipes use ingredients we usually have in the pantry and take around 30 minutes, perfect for any weeknight!
We happen to love most things coconut and especially seven layer bars. They are oh, so delicious, and usually do not stand a chance staying around. Unfortunately most things if we don't eat them in a couple of days or so either get tossed in the freezer or right into the trash...but these did not!
This bark was delicious, especially with the addition of butterscotch chips. I wouldn't recommend making them without, because everything is better with a little more chip!
Butterscotch Bark (adapted from Martha Stewart Everyday Food)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 graham crackers
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread pecans and coconut on baking sheet; bake until golden, 5 minutes. Cool; toss with chocolate chips.
- Line a 10-by-15-inch rimmed baking sheet with foil. Break graham crackers in half; fit in pan in single layer.
- In saucepan, whisk butter and sugar over medium heat until smooth; spread over crackers.
- Bake until bubbly, 10 minutes. Sprinkle with nut topping; press gently. Cool; break into pieces.